Friday, October 31, 2008

Week 10

Dr. Alice Christie is retired but has given much to the education family. Part of her website is devoted to research online. Today researching online is almost mandatory. I know that I am on the computer constantly. This is a difficult task considering I don't have Internet access at my home. However, when it comes to research with a computer, it can be tough. there are so many sites that appear to be educational, but aren't. many children will choose to use google and simply use the first item that pops up. This site may or may not give correct information.
Dr. Christie's site gives an end to this problem because she list many educational sites,(such as Encarta, Awesome Library Encyclopedia etc..) which students can rely on. This is important to me as an educator because now I have a list of acceptable references that my future students can rely on.

No comments: