Friday, October 17, 2008

Week 7

I will have to admit that my computer course can be a pain. If I don’t understand something right away I get frustrated just like I always have with math. Luckily, I am going to be a history teacher, and I am done with math forever (I hope). However, technology is something I will never get away from. The Fischbowl man is correct when he says that being technologically illiterate is the same as not being able to read and write.
When it comes down to it there are certain things you must know how to do in order to teach. What if you began teaching a class without ever learning about organization? Your classroom would most likely be a mess. Technology can help with organization, and is also an amazing teaching tool. Power points and smart boards are being used more and more everyday. ACCESS is growing in popularity in our country as well. It requires technology to use if and therefore teachers must have the knowledge to make this tool effective.

No comments: